Monday, October 22, 2007

Mock Interview

Interviews are an extremely important part of the job application process, so it was very beneficial to be able to do a "mock interview" for this class. Interviews give the employer a chance to see the personality of the applicant as well as their ability to think on their feet. They are a one time opportunity to make a favorable impression on the interviewer and can either make or break your chance of getting hired.

Having a mock interview not only gave me the chance to practice my interview skills but also provided me with feedback with ways to improve and things that I was doing well. This was really helpful because you do not get this kind of feedback when you are doing real interviews.

Even though this was just a pretend situation, I still got nervous beforehand! I think the interview went well though, and I was very appreciative of Angie's comments. One thing I realized I need to work on is to really prepare myself for the interview. I often go with the mindset to just be myself and that I'll be able to "wing it", but in order to have a good interview I do think you need to be prepared for the kinds of questions the employer is going to ask you as well as be up to date with information on the company.

No comments: