Saturday, September 1, 2007

Introduction

Hi! I'm Rachel Coury, and I'm a junior from Baltimore, MD. I love Clemson and have had so much fun here, but it did take time adjusting to such a small town atmosphere. My favorite thing about it has to be the football games, even though I'm not a huge football fan and still don't really understand the rules, game days are always a blast. My major is Food Science with a concentration in Nutrition and a minor in Chemistry. I'm planning on going to grad school because I'm not really sure what I want to do job wise yet, so why not stay in school for as long as possible? I had a pretty cool internship this summer at McCormick Spices where I worked in Product Development and got to blend spices, cook food, and participate in taste tests. Not a bad summer job right? I'm the Risk Management Chair for my sorority, Delta Zeta. I'm also a member of Alpha Lambda Delta, Sigma Alpha Lambda, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, and the Food Science and Nutrition Club. I've done some work with Habitat for Humanity, so I think that should help in creating their website. I love meeting new people and think that this group project will definitely be a learning experience!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that sounds like a seriously cool internship! Did you learn anything about unknown spices that people could be using to make great recipes?

Rachel said...

I did get to work with/test some of their new spices which should be coming out soon and that was a lot of fun. But my favorite product out on the market now is the Mediterranean Sea Salt..its really good on tomatoes and feta, or cucumber salad with olive oil and red wine viengar. mmm